Wisconsin Initiative on Climate Change Impacts
- [email protected]
- Contact Address
- Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies 40 Science Hall Madison, WI 53706
- Wisconsin Initiative on Climate Change Impacts
Wisconsin Initiative on Climate Change Impacts (WICCI) is a a collaborative project of the University of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The group was established in 2007 in order to generate and share inforamtion that could reduce Wisconsin and the Upper Midwestern Region's vulnerability to climate change. To accomplish this end, WICCI engages citizens, members of the research and managerial community, the private sector, and public decision makers in a collaborative network. Together this network works to:
1. Develop scientific understanding of climate impacts;
2. Identify vulnerablity to climate change and climatic variability,
3. Enable better planning, investment, and other adaptation activities.
WICCI ended its first phase of development in 2011 with the release of the publication Wisconsin's Changing Climate: Impacts and Adaptation. It is currently working to implement its strategic plan, which was developed in 2013.